Sunday, November 18, 2012

Things I Have No Use For...

I've been thinking a lot lately about surplus and necessity.

Mostly, I look around and I see a full apartment.  An apartment that just 2 years ago was "huge" and "empty" compared to our last.  Now, I see books.  Movies.  CDs.  Furniture.  All of which wasn't there for before.

This is not a problem in and of itself, but add that to the fact that I still have all the OLD books.  And movies.  And CDs.  And furniture.

And honestly... how much of it do I really need?  I wonder.

If I were to go through everything here that is mine, how much of it have I not even looked at in the last month?  The last year?  The last 5 years?

I think that's why I'm setting my new year's resolution now... for 2013, instead of increasing my possessions, I'll be looking to downsize.  I'm going to start next year now with a box of things I don't need anymore.

It won't be easy.  It won't be fun... but I think it's a good step in my growth as a person.

I would encourage everyone to do the same.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm moving back toward increasing production on the blog.  I made a post last week, and I've managed to get one up now.  In time, I hope to eventually reach a 3-5 update a week schedule... but for now, 1 a week is a start.  A good start.  Better than what I had going, at least.

And, before I forget, I've picked up some new writing gigs.  Once I receive more information from the campaign manager, I'll be working on some web content for a local politician. 

Further, check out Hi Voltage Ware.  It features jewelry from a local Sarasota artist who has just picked me up to work on some content for the pieces of jewelry.  As of right now, none of the copy is my work - but within a month I'm hoping to have rewritten it.  If you like what you see as the content develops and are looking for some content for any of your own projects, feel free to drop me a message or email.  I am currently taking on new clients and projects.

Until next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment