Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One Small Step for Man...

...one ridiculously giant freaking leap for me.

Have you ever taken a step back, analyzed your life, and realized that you're actually happy with the way things are going?

I had that moment the other day... right before I came to the conclusion that I'm not happy that I'm happy with the way things are going.

I have a good job right now. It pays well, despite the long hours. It has a future - my immediate supervisor and his immediate supervisor both have their sights on me as someone to move forward sometime in the next 5-6 months.

But you know what?

It doesn't matter.

It doesn't even matter what I do, since it's not where I want to be. Or maybe it is... maybe promotion will put me on a path I want to be on. But without promotion, I just don't know...

So here's where I stand: I'm going to guide myself toward where I want to be... and the first step in any journey is deciding to make the journey.

So here we go. Here's my commitment.

March 21st, 2011.

By March 21st, 2011 I will be on the road to my passion, or destiny, or happiness, or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Step One: Commit to Making a Change

This should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment