Friday, January 27, 2012

Caught with my rants around my ankles


I’ve noticed a distinct inability to rant coherently in myself lately.  There was once a time when I could spout a rant with the best of them.  Some were well thought out.  Others… I just came off as surly and uncaring. 

Now?

Not so much.

With the ranting, that is.  The surly and uncaring part?  Still have that in droves.

Don’t get me wrong: there are still so many things I hate that I could fill a book called “Things I Hate.”  It wouldn’t exactly be a best seller, but I could fill it up.  Spoiler alert – waffles would definitely NOT be on that list.  Waffles!

That said, every time a good rant starts to form in my head lately, a funny thing happens.  The whole damned thing just doesn’t seem important enough to rant about anymore.  Maybe I’m maturing?  Maybe I just don’t care as much anymore.

In the meantime, hang in there with me.  I’ll get that old rant machine rolling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment