Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Crabby Day...

As I've said before, I'm an ass. It works for me. But that doesn't change the fact that people are too sensitive these days.

I'm well known among my circles to be outspoken and, at times, abrasive. I tend to think of it as not being afraid to say what should be said.

Do I think you were an idiot for staying in a bad relationship with X?

Yes.

Do I think you look fat in that dress?

Probably.

I'm not going to hold back. That's not who I am.

That said, I'm not an ass in that "deliberately hurtful" sort of way. I'll tell you what I think - be it negative or positive... IF I'M ASKED. If you don't ask me, I probably don't care enough to tell you.

So it tends to grind my gears when a friend on mine, whom I did a hell of a lot of legwork for when it came to setting him up with his new girlfried, eggs me on into saying some quasi-offensive, then turns around an turns into a little bitch because what I said was 'out of line.'

Kind of funny... considering that (a) he should know me better than that and (2) even his new lady friend picked up on my personality type and wasn't offended by it.

Best of all - apparently, the only person who actually got in trouble here was him... because she didn't like that he bitched out on me.

Karma... you are a most powerful force, indeed.

In light of all this drama (that I never care to be a part of), I decided to treat myself this morning to a delightful little cafe here in Sarasota called Word of Mout. For anyone in the area, they have a location on the corner of Bee Ridge and Cattlemen, and you'd be foolish not to go.

The atmosphere is simplistically comfortable, with simple colored tables and little wooden chairs to match. Word of Mouth doesn't need to create a dynamic environment to lure people in, however, as their service is top notch and the food is unique and delightful.

This morning, I had a remarkably prompt cup of coffee, a fresh baked blueberry muffin (still piping hot from the oven), and a crab frittata. That's right, a frittata served with a heaping pile of real crab meat, cheese, spinach, and some other stuff I don't know the name of. I'm not a food critic, but I do get around and try a lot of things (still need to post about that low country boil)... and I can tell you that this was the best breakfast joint I've been to in a long time.

Best of all? I paid maybe a dollar more than I would have on a trip to the local Denny's.

If you're in the area, check out Word of Mouth Cafe. If you're not, do yourself a favor. Get out to those little food joints in your area. The smaller, the better - forget that chain nonsense. Let me know how you enjoyed them - we'll post some of your comments up here and start giving your local favorites some 'word of mouth' of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment