Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things - Day 11

DAY 11: MY LITTLE DICK

I know what you're thinking.

Stop it.

That's not what I'm talking about.

This is.

That's Richard... a genuinely entertaining sociopath from Looking for Group, a webcomic put out by Blind Ferret Entertainment.

In fact, I enjoy the comic (and the other works from the good folks at Blind Ferret) that I jumped at the chance to meet the guys at MegaCon a few years back.  I even got a chance to have Richard signed.

And, with a small bribe of Red Bull and Cadbury Cream Eggs, I even got a little Dick I can keep in my pocket.

So why do this plush toy and little metal key chain deserve a place among the Favorite Things?

Well... I may be leaving the important part out of my story...

You see, MegaCon and Blind Ferret are both greatly enjoyed by more than just myself.  My lovely fiance, Bree, enjoys them just as much.  It was Bree who introduced me to MegaCon, and it was me who introduced her to Blind Ferret.  Until we got a chance to meet the creators, MegaCon was her thing that I went along to... just as Blind Ferret was my thing that she followed.

It may sound sappy and lame... but meeting the creators at MegaCon was one of the first times our interests genuinely merged together.

The plush toy and key chain are just what they look like... pointless trinkets.  But they remind me of one of my actual favorite things...

...One of those unspoken key moments when I realized that there was beginning to be less of "me" and more of "us."

It was nice, in one of those sappy ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment