Friday, February 17, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things - Days 14 - 17

DAYS 14 - 17: VALENTINE'S DAY

Sorry about the absence there.  I missed the last few days of posting for a few reasons.

1) The 14th was, if you're not aware, Valentine's Day.  Now, normally the lady friend and I don't actually do Valentine's Day, as we tend to lump it all in together with MegaCon and our anniversary.

This was not the case this year.  On my way home from work, I became inspired to pull off a last minute Valentine's Day.  And since I'm such a generous guy, I decided to involve Lance in this as well (I made the assumption that he didn't come up with anything for Valentine's Day and I was, off course, correct).

This set a frenzy of events into motion.  Some quick discussion determined we would hold the dinner at his place, and I set him about to the task of hunting down rose petals and finding some good mood music.

In the meantime, I set out to find the food.  And food I did find... by the time we were finished, here's what I came up with:

APPETIZERS: Proscuitto wrapped cantaloupe and 12 year-old scotch

DINNERS: Filet Mignon, Lobster Tail, Garlic whipped potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, and a German Riesling

All in all, it went well.  A good Valentine's Day dinner that was shared between two couples.  And all thrown together last minute.

I rule.

2) Hotels suck.  I spent Wednesday and Thursday at the Marriot World Resort in Orlando for the company's annual meeting.  My rage was greatly stoked when I sat down Wednesday night to post and found that the Marriott, being the colossal douche-holes that they apparently are, do not offer free Wi-Fi.

Jerks

At any rate, we're back up an running and I'll be back in Orlando tomorrow for the first MegaCon I've been able to attend in several years.  So I should have some good stuff for tomorrow's post - providing I get Internet access at the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment