Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things - Day 12

DAY 12: LOKI, GOD OF MISCHIEF

I am well acquainted with Loki, a mischievous being of pure trouble and mayhem.

No.  Not that Loki.  This one.

Yup.  That fat little bastard is my cat, Loki.  Bree and I have 2 other cats, as well... but they don't get to make the favorite things list.  But Loki does.

Because he's actually a dog.
Can't you see the resemblance?

You see, I don't much care for cats.  They're haughty, arrogant, and kind of doofy looking.  So when Bree and I rescued Loki from the shelter, I raised him like a dog - sans the walks, that is.

Something stuck with this little guy, creating the single most personable and affectionate cat I've ever met.  He has this overwhelming need to be around people, and gets incredibly excited when someone new comes into the room.  On the same vein, however, he actually gets incredibly nervous when people are in our condo... but not in the same room he is.  That practically forces him to find where the people are so he can remind everyone that he's there.

It's actually pretty damned cool.

Plus... on the sappy side... when I met Bree, she had a cat.  I'd always had dogs.  It was another "hers" versus "mine" moments... and Loki get to be another one of those "our" moments.

No matter how bad a day I'm having, that little fat-ass is always there, ready to purr his big heart (enlarged?) away for some attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment