Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things - Day 9

DAY 9: COOKING

I love to cook.  It's a joy of mine that I discovered somewhere in the ballpark of 15 years ago, when I used to go through the food in my parents' home and say to myself "this just isn't what I'm feeling today."

I would take whatever wacky ingredients I could find and just start throwing them together on the stovetop.

This habit followed me well into college and beyond, to such a degree that it is not uncommon now for me to spend an entire day off doing nothing but cooking.

Sure, I've had my fair share of culinary nightmares... but by and large, entire my cooking hits more than it misses... or I've got some very considerate friends who won't admit to disliking it.

Three of my recent favorites to whip up are my 'country lunch' (jalapeno corn, fried green tomatoes, and a stewed tomato/kidney bean concoction), homemade shrimp fried rice, and fish soup (cod/tilapia, shrimp, mussels, tomatoes, peppers, onion, seafood stock, lobster stock, and my own blend of spices).

I can't think of much that would make this better...
...except maybe this guy.
Who knows what I'll make next?  I guess it depends on what kind of theme I'm feeling, and what inspiration I can find around that theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment